Blog posts tagged: Search
Sample Blog Posts
Google vs Bing for search results – July 2012
…Google puts a list of related search links at the end of the first page. This feels more logical – if you haven’t clicked anything on the first page, maybe the results need refining
Do search and social networks mix – March 2010
Small group networks have very different dynamics to large tribal networks. In a group of 12 or so, you are either in a peer group, family group or team brought together for some purpose.
Does search matter? -July 2009
Instead of PageRank, evaluating a page based on the incoming links to it, how about introducing SocialRank? Evaluate the links shared by people that are then shared by other people.
How relevant is your content? – January 2008
To the question ‘Why can’t our Intranet be like searching Google?’ there’s one simple answer: Intranet ≠ Internet.
Some SEO advice for Bill Gates – Danny Sullivan, SearchEngineLand, Jan 2010
Using a brand as an example, highlights the importance of choosing your page title carefully to match how people will search for you.
- What every programmer should know about SEO – Kate Mats, Mar 2012 (good detail)
- Google Custom search for embedding into your web site (free and paid options)
- Google free web search – includes embed code for web search, safe web search and site search
- Bayes Net by Example using Python and Khan Academy Data – Derandomized, Mar 2012
- How to build a naive Bayes classifier – bionicspirit.com, Feb 2012
- How Bayesian probability models can make CLV predictions 12x more accurate – Custora, Feb 2012
- Diagnosing technical issues with search engine optimisation (Slideshare) – Vanessa Fox, May 2009